CHOOSE SUE HUGHES (R)
for House District 3
Susan Hughes wants to bring vision and balance into our government. She believes in providing a two-party system that gives voice to those wishing for the tradtional values and founding principles.
4 Reasons to ChooseSueHughes for State House Rep, District 3.
- Economy / Jobs / Quality of Life
- The democrats have been unable to bring back good-paying jobs to this island since the sugar mills closed in 1994.
- The current 30-50% unemployment is completely unsustainable.
- The Hawaii State Legislature just voted a 15% pay raise to government employees while the whole state is suffering with massive unemployment and businesses which may never reopen.
- State, country & Federal workers are not feeling your pain. They are still getting paid ~ at almost /twice as much as non-government workers like YOU! Is that fair??
- Why are the school failing?
- Under their democrat rule our schools have declined to the point where only 1 in 5 students have reached minimally successful standards. As a former teacher of 25 years at MVS I am appalled. This has resulted in only in 1:5 University of Hawaii freshmen getting any kind of a degree. We can’t move forward into a future of better jobs with these kinds of results! If we don’t change this, we might as well teach our kids one phrase: “Do you want fries with that?”
- Why are the school failing?
- Families need Dads back inside. the. home ~ period. Children need balance.
- The Homeless problem is not a monolithic problem. It’s complicated one and needs an intensive, multifaceted approach.
- CoVid & the Constitution
A careful reading of the U.S. First Amendment reveals that it protects several basic liberties — freedom of religion, speech, press, petition, and assembly
- PROBLEM: The Governor’s proclamations to quarantine everybody instead of isolating just the few elderly, sick and immune effectively shut down not only the whole economy but succeeded in stepping on one of our most precious civil liberties; namely Bill of Rights #1: Right to Assemble.
- PROBLEM: Mandating that everybody comply with wearing face masks to prevent the disease was not fully researched and is another example of forcing people to do something against their will and amidst evidence to the contrary.
- PROBLEM: Over reliance on the government for long-term support ~ seems like a gift, cloaked in socialistic endeavors.
- PROBLEM: long-run impacts on personal freedom rarely retract after a crisis.
Robert Higgs, in his excellent book Crisis and Leviathan, documents how government power ratchets up during times of crisis, and after a crisis passes, never contracts to its pre-crisis level resulting in compromise of individual liberties.
PROBLEM: Mandatory Vaccinations ~ There is evidence of risk or side affects involving “manadatory vaccinations”
Good News! Susan Hughes has a way out of this mess!!!
Turn to her Solutions Tab
Both the primary and general elections will be conducted by mail.
- The Primary Election is Saturday August 8, 2020.
1) All ballots must be received by 7 PM on August 8th.
2) Ballots without signatures DO NOT COUNT.
3) All registered voters can & should vote for OHA Trustees.
- Mail-in Ballots will be sent out as early as July 15th, 2020.
General Election is Tuesday, Nov. 3.
Susan asks only for 2 things as she steps forward to represent traditional values and conservative traditional :
- Please register to vote ~ if you haven’t already done so. Register online here.
- Please consider voting for Sue Hughes in this Election year ~ it’s critical we take back our government. Mahalo!!